Saturday, February 20, 2010

Will it Ever End

Nope. Didn't make it tonight. A cocktail and most of a bottle of wine. My fault, we celebrated my husband's birthday today and I got him the requested presents - books on cocktails. So of course we had to try one out.

Thinking about it tonight as I indulged in my first glass, I think part of the attraction is that it makes me feel cool. I blame shows like Sex in the City - although I don't blame them in the same sense that people blame video games for child killers - I just think it is encouraging. Anyone who is anyone sips cocktails on a regular basis. And still makes things happen.

I also think that because I live in Manhattan, it's totally ok to have this habit. Think Woody Allen movies. If I were in the middle of the country, I might not have such a convenient reference point - think Beautiful Girls. Although the drinking might make me feel closer to the cool people if my location was a disadvantage. Did I mention that I wake up with my fingers numb?

Tomorrow will be different. I'm sworn to no alcohol, and on Monday, doing The Master Cleanse for at least most of three days. (see future post on Master Cleanse)

No comments:

Post a Comment