Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Failure

Failure. Friend offered me a beer at lunch while we were working. Rainy cold day, had dinner at her house and she made me a cocktail. Daughter had melt down at dinner, plus pushing her home in the cold rain, needed a cocktail when I got home...

All excuses, but made me think about why I have so much trouble kicking this.
1) I have friend and relatives who like to drink.
2) I can't manage stress. I do yoga, I take hot baths... it doesn't seem to help me manage it.
3) I don't hold out for the long-term benefits. Having worked on Wall Street, I saw the downside of managing for the moment, and not the long-term. I have the same illness.

So what do I do about it? 1) Get rid of all my friends and family members who drink (which means I'll be a single mom) 2) Walk about all day long with stress relieving acupuncture pins in me, or get on some kind of medication (better? I think not) 3) Do visualization exercises focusing on the long term? Write my own life business plan?

Yes. Now we are talking. Can't hurt. But not until next weeks 'cause the drinkers arrive tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment